Flames Of War Campaign 1943

Sheffield and Rotherham wargamers Flames of War campaign website

Friday, June 23, 2006

23rd June

KURSK OFFENSIVE GAINS MOMENTUM

Events on the eastern front have once again swung in favour of Nazi Germany after a successful breakthrough by the 3rd and 7th Panzer divisions around the town of Droskovo. The push has further narrowed the Kursk salient and left the Russians in a dangerously exposed position. The Russians now risk encirclement at Kursk if the position is not relieved. (hold the line Craig vs. Rykk - victory to Craig's Germans)

Game score Axis 3-0-1 Russians

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my defence I'd just like to mention that throughout this game my Guards motor rifle company could neither be described as fearless (they failed every single morale test they were required to make on the first attempt) or trained (being completely unable to actually hit any targets - in 5 turns of firing my battery of ZIS-2 guns failed to destroy a single enemy). My battalion has now been redesignated as a penal company and my dice have been sent to siberia for hard labour.

I'll get you next time Craig!

Rick

3:17 PM  
Blogger Duncan Railton said...

Glad you are taking the responsibility Podpolkovnik Rick! Have you explained that to Stalin yet?

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home